Tuesday, October 23, 2012

LASAGNA!!

Mmmm, one of our favorites. Found this recipe on Pinterest, but technically it's the McCormick lasagna recipe. But since I found it there and other people will be wondering if its good, then I'll write about it here. :) you can find the recipe here:

http://www.mccormick.com/recipes/main-dish/lasagna-formaggio.aspx

I used the Meaty sauce that is lower on the page. In those direction it said to use 52 oz of sauce. I did not do that. Seemed a little much... What I did do was use the amount that was in the normal sauce recipe. Everything about this recipe was delicious, except, it needed more sauce. I should have used more. Actually, the recipe says to serve some non-meat sauce with the finished lasagna. That would have made this lasagna perfect. Had awesome flavor. Seriously. Really good.

The only other thing that I changed was instead if using the McCormick Italian seasoning, I used some that I had made from scratch. And THAT is part of what made this recipe really good. (Next time you run out of store bought Italian seasoning, make your own. Ridiculously easy and so good.)

Now for the pics, the one from McCormick is first, and lets face it whose lasagna ACTUALLY looks like that????? Maybe yours does, but mine never, and I mean n.e.v.e.r. looks like that. Haha, mine is below. :)

My rating is 4.5 out of 5. Only because it wasn't saucy enough for me. Kinda my fault for not adding more after baking. Next time, it will be perfect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment