Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cheesy veggie chowder...

Made this chowder last night. http://luluthebaker.blogspot.com/2011/09/cheesy-vegetable-chowder.html?m=1

It turned out well, but you can't really go wrong with chowder, right? Veggies, and then the creamy deliciousness that makes it a chowder. In this recipe it calls for 4 cups of chicken broth then little over 1 cup more of milk/water later. I added more of both of these things. Instead of 4 cups broth, I did 3, 14 oz cans of broth. Also added more celery (I did two stalks instead of the one she suggests), a more potatoes. Then later when it came to thckening, I put in the called for ingredients, 1/2 cup water and 1 tablespoon flour. Actually I did a little more because I put more broth. So, I did about 3/4 cup water and 1 1/2 tbls of flour. Then continued the recipe as it said. Before I put the broccoli in, my soup was not thickening, so added another cup of milk and about 1/8-1/4 cup flour, mixed of course. This was after I added the called for milk. (I like a more creamy chowder with more of that deliciousness anyway, so didn't mind adding more milk/flour/water and I don't think it changed the flavor too much because of the added broth) Within minutes it was thickened and ready to eat. I really liked it, but my kids didn't. Haha, but what do kids eat that has little floating veggies in it?? So, the hubs and I enjoyed the chowder.

I rate this recipe about 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment