Tuesday, October 23, 2012

CRACK POTATOES

So, generally speaking, anything with the word "crack" in the headline should, in theory be deliciously addictive, right? WRONG. I was looking on pinterest for a potato dish to bring to a family dinner. I stumbled across this recipe and after reading the ingredients, felt it might be a potential winner. How can you go wrong with sour cream, cheese, ranch and bacon??
Let me tell you...this combination, shockingly can go VERY VERY wrong. Out of respect for the poster I will not be posting the link here.
I made the above recipe and brought it to our family dinner hoping to shine with a new recipe. Lets just say that it was overly salty, and had too much of a bacon flavor. I couldn't even GIVE the leftovers away. Sadly, my husband asked me to never make this recipe again. So in honor of the salty, mushy, overly 'baconed' potato dish- I give this recipe 1 out of 5 stars. :(  yes they looked good, but appearances are deceiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment